Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Car Troubles

        A big part of this year has been leading at Christiansburg Middle School which is about a 15 minute drive from Blacksburg. The year started off great driving my 1986 Toyota Camry from my senior year of high school. At the end of September I was driving some guys around making a video, then the radiator blew. At the beginning of November my room mate and I finally had time to replace the radiator. It turned out to be a pretty easy job and I got to learn a little about cars. Earlier in the year he taught me how to change oil in a car. I was on my way to become a regular ol' mechanic.
        Once the radiator was replaced something was still wrong. We continued to work on it and found that the radiator fan fuses were blown and the thermostat was broken as well. So we replaced the thermostat and began looking online for the radiator fuses. At this point the car needed to be inspected to be street legal again. I knew the muffler was bad and that it needed to be replaced. What actually needed to be done to the car, before it would be road worthy, was ridiculous. The brake lines were bad, the back tires needed to be replaced, the power steering was leaking, the tri rod was bad, and the right front axle was a safety concern.
        In all, there were $1300 worth of damages. I talked to my mom about this and we both agreed that the car wasn't worth that much. We still haven't decided what to do with the car, as it currently sits in the driveway of the Hokie House.
         Luckily I have a freshman friend who has a car and lets me use it whenever I want. Literally he gave me the keys and allows me to use it to go hang out with guys, go to campaigners, club, and the middle school. It has been such a blessing this year and I haven't been able to thank him enough. Although he does stay at my house at least 2 nights a week.
       That's the current car situation. I'm sure the Lord is going to provide for me as I go on with the school year.

Love You Guys,
Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment